Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Memory Cards...

The first obstacle I came up against when experimenting with the video features was one that meant I could only record for roughly 20 seconds at the time, as I was mainly working with stills and occasionally experimenting with video it took me quite a while to realise this wasn't supposed to happen... I'd initially put it down to the internal computer not being quick enough to write the data to the memory card, but when I thought about it a bit more I realised it may be the memory card I had been using - it was a really basic SanDisk 4GB card I'd had for years - In my photography I shoot quite slowly so I'd never had any need for a quicker card (that also quickly changed after I saw the file sizes of RAW images on the 5D MkII.)



When I tried out a quicker card I found that I could film for as long as the memory card had free space - so that was my first obstacle overcome!

In retrospect I do realise that I would have probably found the solution for this probably if I'd looked in the instruction manual, but I don't often read them and didn't particularly need to use the video functions at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment